According to figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the total value of house improvements permitted each month surpassed the $1 billion mark in February this year, peaking to $1.14 billion in March. In comparison, the average monthly value in 2019 was $680 million. According to the Housing Industry Association (HIA), Australia spent almost $37.5 billion on house improvements last year. According to the HIA, the average Australian spends around $17,522 on bathroom improvements. The same organisation revealed that bathroom renovations in Hornsby cost an average of $16,430.
Small bathroom renovations typically cost at least $5,000. However, if you’re remodelling a large bathroom, you should budget at least $25,000. You may save money by refinishing a few little details in your bathroom, like the cabinet knobs, drawers, figurines, or even the paintwork on the walls. These steps can help you raise the value of your home while lowering your costs. This post will delve into the precise cost factors of bathroom remodelling in greater depth.
Variables affecting bathroom renovation prices
A bathroom renovation can cost anywhere from $8,000 to $10,000, or anywhere from $20,000 to $25,000. In either case, the following factors could influence the price:
- Structural work may be required.
- Fittings, floor tiles or wall tiles can be added.
- Including new windows, skylights, and other features in the design.
- What is the size of the existing bathroom? Is it tiny or large?
- Relocating fixtures and pipelines with the help of a plumber.
- Is this a completely new bathroom setup?
- Underfloor heating and other opulent features
- Your bathroom’s lighting upgrades and electrical wiring.
These renovations fall into various categories and require a variety of expertise to complete. Here are three different types of renovations and their estimated costs:
- Budget renovations might cost anything between $5,000 and $15,000.
- Standard renovations typically cost between $15,000 and $25,000.
- Premium renovations cost $25,000 or more.
For a bathroom project, who do you hire?
You shouldn’t expect to be able to complete most bathroom renovations on your own. To complete several tasks, you’ll need to engage suitable individuals and experts. The cost, like anything else, is determined by the amount of work required and the type of work required. The price is affected by your residential address as well. Hiring a tradesperson or handyman in a city will always be more expensive than hiring one in a small town in the country. Their hourly fees, as well as their skill sets, differ. The first step in your remodelling project is to select a competent tradesperson and handyman. A tiler, electrician, and plumber may be required in addition to a carpenter or general contractor.
- Are you upgrading or installing bathroom pipes? Perhaps you’re putting in a shower, toilet, or bathtub. In each of these scenarios, you’ll require the services of a plumber.
- Are you planning to add underfloor heating, exhaust fans, heated towel rails, or lighting to your home? Any electrical work of this nature necessitates the use of an electrician.
- Do you need tiling on the floors or the walls? Do you require a bathroom waterproofing installation? In many areas, a certified tiler may be necessary for these renovations.
- Do you want to replace your bathroom’s shelves, cabinetry, or drawers? For these jobs, the best candidate is a carpenter.
- A professional painter will be required to repaint the walls, ceiling, or doors.
When planning your bathroom renovation in Hornsby, keep in mind that you’ll want to contribute twice as much to the worth of your property as you spend. For example, you spend $5,000 on a bathroom makeover. It should add $10,000 to the property’s value after it’s finished—request assistance from a real estate consultant in calculating the costs of your renovation project.